A Malaysian teenager reported missing since a shooting in New Zealand last week was confirmed to have been killed, the Malaysian Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
Muhammad Haziq Mohd Tarmizi, 17, is confirmed to be one of the 50 killed during the attacks on mosques last Friday, the ministry said in a statement.
"He is the son of Mohd Tarmizi Shuib who was also injured when the attack took place. Other injured Malaysians are Muhammad Nazril Hisham Omar and Rahimi Ahmad," it said.
The ministry added that Minister in the Prime Minister's Department for Religious Affairs Mujahid Yusof Rawa will be heading to Christchurch, New Zealand, to represent the government and provide support to the family.
The attacks left 50 people killed and 50 others injured, with the attacker being arrested shortly after the incident.