China will continue to support the work of the World Health Organization (WHO) and its role in coordinating the global fight against the coronavirus pandemic, China's Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said on Wednesday at a daily press briefing held in the wake of the U.S. threat of withholding funding to the WHO.
Zhao said the U.S. move would have a negative impact on the international community.
"All parties should work together and contribute to the global effort in the fight against COVID-19," he said.
On Tuesday, U.S. President Donald Trump blasted at the WHO, accusing it of being too focused on China and issuing bad advice during the COVID-19 outbreak and saying he would put a hold on U.S. funding for the organization.
The U.S. has so far recorded nearly 400,000 confirmed cases, the highest in the world, with over 12,900 deaths.