去物美超市比去沃尔玛去得更勤,喜欢那里的生气勃勃.
8. Have a son who speaks good Chinese - my youngest studied Mandarin in college, including a summer in Chengdu.
有个中文说得很溜的儿子——我最小的孩子在大学里学过普通话,还在成都待过一夏天.
9. Have a new favorite snack: chuanr, or as my wife calls it, meat-on-a-stick.
零食也有了新的最爱:烤串儿,或者用我妻子的话来说,串烧肉.
10. Seldom worry about personal safety, even walking in big cities at night.
不怎么担心个人安全了,晚上也敢在大城市里行动了.
11. Keep a large metal carafe on my desk for hot water for the day's tea.
桌上准备了一个不锈钢水壶,用来放白天泡茶的热水.
12. Have friendly relationship with Jing Dong delivery guy.
和京东快递小哥的关系挺不错的.
13. Have a Chinese keyboard on my phone.
手机上设置了中文输入法.
14. Will eat jellyfish - reminds me of cole slaw.
开始吃海蜇,味道像菜丝沙拉.
15. No longer have coffee on balcony - that's where I hang wet clothes.
再也不在阳台上喝咖啡了——那可是我晾衣服的地方.
16. Politely cover my mouth with one hand while using a toothpick.
用牙签时会礼貌地用手挡住嘴巴.
17. Grocery shop using my bicycle.
骑自行车去买菜.
18. Have to remember to tip when I'm traveling abroad.
出国旅行时必须提醒自己要给小费.
19. Wonder why public spaces there look so empty.
看到空荡荡的公共场所会很奇怪.
20. Pack a jar with a hot beverage from home for the office.
出门上班时会装上一罐热饮.
21. Consider vendors' prices only a reference point for haggling.
知道商家的标价只是为砍价做参考而已.
22. Use the China UnionPay card: I never leave home without it.
用中国银联卡:出门必将随身携带.
23. Love tearjerker Chinese history dramas on TV.