A Chongqing boy became trapped in an elevator after he urinated all over its control panel and shorted out the electronics.
Security video taken from the apartment building elevator February 23 shows the little squirt douse the buttons up and down with urine.
The unaccompanied boy then pushes a button to exit only to realize he had sealed his fate: the panel lights begin flickering and the doors crack open then close, video shows.
The boy had to be rescued from the malfunctioning lift, media reported.
Building management confronted the boy and his father before showing them the surveillance video and both denied any wrongdoing.
"His father didn't believe us. He said there's no way he could urinate that high," a maintenance man said in a video posted by The Beijing News. "The boy didn't admit it, either."
The video quickly went viral on social media, with many commenters criticizing the boy and his family and calling on them to pay for the damages.
A similar yet more tragic incident occurred in August when an 6-year-old boy suffered severe injuries after he fell from an elevator at a mall in Yiwu, Zhejiang Province.
The boy urinated on the control panel, causing the elevator to stall between the seventh and eighth floors.
Attempting an escape, he crawled through the half-open doors only to fall down the elevator shaft.