It's Valentine's Day and the person you like finally agreed to meet you on a date. You are excited and think you are half-successful. The last thing you would expect is to ruin the date, by yourself. Well, the fact is that many first dates fail, and here are some examples for you NOT to follow.
1. Keep checking your cell phone during dinner and show your date how unimportant he/she is.
2. Rely on the taxi driver to find the restaurant for you with only the name, and be very late because you never knew Beijing has a problem with traffic jams.
3. Pick the bar your ex frequents, and tell him/her about your ex's favorite orders.
4. Call the date by another person's name, at least twice!
5. Wave your Groupon voucher in front of your date's face right before he/she orders, and tell him/her how much money you are going to save! This is more likely to be a deal breaker if the guy does it.
6. It is a guy's nightmare to see a girl take photos of every dish and dip her hair into the soup.
7. Show off and tell the waiter you want the most expensive thing on the menu without looking at the price! Well, the chance of ruining the date might not be as big as you going broke.
8. Get very drunk and your date has to carry you out of the restaurant. You can get extra credit if you vomit or pick a fight with other customers in the restaurant.
9. Show up for the date with a friend. This may seem like a joke, but in China, some girls do think they will be less nervous on a first date if one of her friends is around. Well then, we can only hope the guys feel the same way right?
10. Treat the date like an interview, and ask the date how much money he/she makes. This is better than showing your "gold digger" tattoo.
11. Reach into your pocket and come up empty because it was stolen. Like your date is going to believe you!