China's "Fox hunt 2015" campaign has helped police capture more than 600 suspects abroad, the Ministry of Public Security said on Wednesday.
As of Saturday, a total of 627 suspects had been captured or brought to justice in 63 overseas countries or regions during the campaign which began in April this year, the ministry said in a statement.
Among these suspects, 365 were apprehended by law enforcers, 258 gave themselves up to authorities and the other four have been prosecuted by law enforcers overseas with evidence provided by Chinese authorities, the statement said.
Thirty-two of them were seized over 10 years after they fled.
As the "Fox hunt 2015" is part of China's "Skynet" operation, people captured included 78 wanted by the country's disciplinary or procuratorial agencies for suspicions of duty-related crimes, such as corruption, the statement said.