Friday May 25, 2018
Home > News > Society
Text:| Print|

Students get food poisoning from instant noodles

2012-12-26 09:41     Web Editor: Wang YuXia comment

A total of 39,227 packets of "Yuzhu" instant noodles have been quarantined in Shaanxi province after eight students displayed symptoms of food poisoning after eating the noodles, Xi'an-based newspaper Huashang Daily reported.

According to the newspaper, eight girls from the Hongxin Primary School in Zhouzhi, a county 78 kilometers from provincial capital Xi'an, had shown symptoms of food poisoning after sharing one bag of "Yuzhu" spicy instant noodles on Dec 21. The county launched a food safety inspection and sent the samples for safety checks.

The eight students returned to school on Monday after receiving treatment in hospital. The authorities are still waiting for the results of the tests.

Comments (0)

Copyright ©1999-2011 All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.